Premium Asphalt Roof Installation
Serving Northeast Indiana, Northwest Ohio, and Southern Michigan
Premium asphalt shingles are one of the most tried and true roofing materials out there.
We install premium asphalt shingle roofs throughout Northeast Indiana, Northwest Ohio, and Southern Michigan. If you want a high-quality roof installed by experts, look no further than the team here at Shield Exteriors!
What are Premium Asphalt Shingles?
Premium asphalt shingles, or luxury asphalt shingles, are a more durable type of asphalt shingles. They’re designed to mimic the look of an expensive slate roof but without the hefty price tag. These shingles are larger and thicker than standard asphalt shingles.
A traditional asphalt shingle roof (also known as 3-tab or strip shingles) is typically the most affordable option, as the materials are cheap to obtain and it’s easy to install.
However, if you’re looking for a more durable, visually-appealing roof, premium asphalt shingles are a great option. Here’s why.
Benefits of Premium Asphalt Shingles
- Durability. This is the most high-end asphalt shingle roof money can buy. If you’re looking for durability but don’t have the funds for a metal roof just yet, premium asphalt shingles are a great option. The material is thicker than traditional asphalt shingles, making them more weather-resistant and long-lasting.
- Extended lifespan. A properly-maintained premium asphalt shingle roof can last up to 30 years! Compared to the 20-year lifespan of traditional asphalt shingle roofs, this is a huge bonus.
- More visually appealing than traditional asphalt shingles. Premium asphalt shingles were designed to mimic more expensive roofing materials. They can look a lot nicer than regular shingles, as the thicker material and installation process requires more expertise and careful installation.
Disadvantages of Premium Asphalt Shingles
- Requires experienced roofing contractors. Unlike regular asphalt shingles, premium shingles require experienced roofing contractors for the installation process. A lot of people like to DIY their asphalt shingle roofs, but that’s not really an option when it comes to these luxury shingles. They’re heavier, so you have to make sure the structure of your home can support their weight if you’re placing them over old shingles.
- Ongoing maintenance. While premium asphalt shingles are durable, they still require ongoing maintenance just like any shingle roof does. You’ll need to have the roof inspected every few years and repaired as needed.
- Price. If you’re looking for the most budget-friendly option, premium asphalt shingles might not be the strongest option. These shingles can sometimes cost twice as much as traditional asphalt shingles. The price is comparable to a ribbed metal roof. However, it will make up for the price with longevity!
Why Choose Shield Exteriors?
We know how overwhelming it can feel when your house needs a new roof. That’s why we’re dedicated to making the roof installation process easy, affordable, and stress-free.
We will always act in your best interest. Choosing Shield Exteriors means you’ll have access to:
- Affordable financing
- Experienced team members
- Our TRUE accident free double lifetime warranty
- And more!
Does Your House in Indiana Need a New Roof?
Whether you know you want a premium asphalt shingle roof or still need help deciding, our team of experienced roofing contractors is here to help!
Contact us today for a FREE quote! We will explain all of your roof replacement options, as well as approved financing.